Appenzeller Barthuhner Thread!

Pics
My chicks are growing the cutest little beards!
smile.png
One has a crossed beak.
sad.png
Unfortunately it seems this breed from GFF has that problem. I've put down 8 chicks due to cross beaks. So sorry.

Hello! I've recently acquired 6 Partridge Barthuhners and 1 Black Barthuhner. These are my favorite chicks that I have. They are very curious, friendly, and smart. I'm wondering when I will be able to tell their sex.

Hello! I've recently acquired 6 Partridge Barthuhners and 1 Black Barthuhner. These are my favorite chicks that I have. They are very curious, friendly, and smart. I'm wondering when I will be able to tell their sex.
These guys are a little late in revealing their sexes, and it's usually around 4-5 weeks, sometimes longer, before I can tell on mine.

I have one that appears to have different feathers. It's 4 weeks old. His comb is more red than the others too. I have a black one too.
the one in question.

The Old Farm House Chickens is now selling straight run barthuhner chicks and hatching eggs! My girls are the original breeders of Greenfire Farms and my boys are chicks from their second flock. Fertility has been about 90% and about 80% hatch-rate in eggs.

www.theoldfarmhouse.weebly.com

The Old Farm House Chickens is now selling straight run barthuhner chicks and hatching eggs! My girls are the original breeders of Greenfire Farms and my boys are chicks from their second flock. Fertility has been about 90% and about 80% hatch-rate in eggs.

www.theoldfarmhouse.weebly.com
What kind of a breeding programme do you have set up for these guys? For mine, I am starting a line breeding programme, what about you?

Just wanted to stop by and share a photo of my only Barthuhner Pullet. She is about 6 months old and no eggs yet. She is one of our favorites. Anyone have photos of their eggs? Not really sure what color the eggs are going to be, but am hoping for white eggs.

Just wanted to stop by and share a photo of my only Barthuhner Pullet. She is about 6 months old and no eggs yet. She is one of our favorites. Anyone have photos of their eggs? Not really sure what color the eggs are going to be, but am hoping for white eggs.

The eggs are cream colored. I hatched some over the summer. I am not impressed with the hens...but the rooster is AMAZING !

Back
Top Bottom