Apple cider vinegar? Any good?

moody-chicken

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 2, 2013
Hi, my local store has a poultry drink you add to water that contains phosphorous potassium manganese and copper, said to perk hens up and help their immune system. Alternatively I hear a lot of good things about apple cider vinegar. Which of these sounds more effective in helping hens all round condition and general health? Are either of these products widely used by poultry owners or are they just a marketing ploy so that you'll spend money you don't need to?

Last edited:
I've always used ACV with great results. I've seen the poultry liquids but they seem like a unnecessary item to me.

OK great. My hens are sick at the moment but once better I think I'll get some AVC to aid general health. Thanks for the advice!

It's no problem at all. I hope your hens start feeling better soon!

I hope your hens are feeling better.
I do add 1TBL of ACV (organic) to a gallon of water.
Also to help with their immune system and for worms, I give them 1 to 2 cloves of garlic(minced or through a garlic press) mixed with cooked quinoia or cooked brown rice weekly.( I have 5 chickens)
smile.png

The hens are starting to pick up! There not out of the woods yet but certainly looking and feeling better. I will try the garlic idea, we often have cloves in for hubby's cooking. I think sometimes the little things can make big difference!

Back
Top Bottom