APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

No real science seems to have been done with ACV, but then I started wondering, why people would continue using something if there were no benefits. It seems tome that the actual using and continues using is a experiment and study in itself; informally, but it works for me. Instead of just one day a week I think I'll go with a week on and a week off... If there's benefits I would think I'd see them in my flock.

Again, thank you everyone for your input.

I get replies from other threads but not this one. A thread I started...and it does not come through to my e-mail. Any thoughts as to why???

Can’t help with the IT but I completely agree on the life as an experiment perspective. We have found that our birds are generally healthier when we use a touch of acv - either in their water or their feed. So we tend to do it. Speaking personally it’s the same with garlic and diatomaceous earth - but I appreciate others will disagree. I’ve never found life to be one size fits all!

In terms of “real science” having spent most of my career as a professional scientist - use your common sense for your situation & always check who is funding the research.... I’m not aware that there is any body who has a massive financial interest in proving acv is brilliant? You may not find many studies championing it’s use..... anecdotal evidence may be your best bet - in which case do your own research and you might just have to try it to find out if it works for you in your situation.

Those are wise words and logical thinking. If it’s bunk info then why are so many people still using an age old product. And I’m blessed my chickens appear to be thriving. Their poop always looks good, an occasional runs when I give them too much watermelon or extreme heat. But quickly resolved. But I too am new and the experts here are great. Good luck.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom