1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Apples

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by imthedude, May 25, 2010.

1. imthedude

imthedude Songster

Mar 9, 2010
    CO
    Stumbled across apples as a chicken food this morning. I had an apple in my messenger bag from last week. It was kind of bruised and mashed up, so I tossed it into the run for the girls. Holy smokes. They gathered around and didn't leave until it was toast. I tossed in two more old ones from the fridge, and they immediately pounced on them also. Probably need to exercise a little moderation in the future.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    OH yeah, apples are a big hit with my flock too! It's funny to watch them go after the apples.....

3. LittleFeat

LittleFeat Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    My girls are SOOOOO spoiled! If I threw a whole apple in the pen, they would run for their lives to the farthest corner of the run. They love chopped up broccoli but put a whole stalk in there and it might as well be a snake or raccoon. If it isn't chopped or mashed, it's a big evil thingy, out to get them!! Yep they're spoiled!! Oh what have I created??? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: