April 13th Burlington IA Swap

momof3

Songster
12 Years
Feb 5, 2007
Iowa
April 13th Burlington IA Swap meet at the community college grounds. Starts at 6:00 ends at noon. $2.00

I'm going. Is anyone else? We are looking for a male flying mallard, runner ducks, turkeys. I'm planning on taking some 6 week old pullet chicks. We shall see if we stick to our list of wants. lol

Not going to that one I beleive its about a 5 hour car drive, and Im thinking if I remember right there is a swap in Waukon, IA this Sunday. Which isnt far from me at all, Its like 40 mins..

Hey momof3
wink.png
we live across the river in IL, and will be there tomorrow. We are trying to get our "brood" started, and would like to see your pullets...any idea where you will be once we get there?

Well we went but didn't take our pullets. We decided it would be too cold. It was cold. It even snowed on our way there. We only came home with a khaki call drake. My husband did see some baby ducklings but they were gone when he went back. The cold weather sure made a difference in the amount of people selling things. We walked through fast. Hdchic I plan to go in May and take the pullets, goat, and some baby bunnies. I'll pm you also.

Yes, the snow/sleet, wind and wet was yucky, but we came home with 2 roosters and 19 hens! Barred Rock cross rooster, 1 Buff Orpington cross rooster, and the hens are Rhode Island Red crosses...I get them strictly for laying as my babies from MM will be here on the 28th. woot! hope to see you in May!

And the items were going so fast! We got there at 6, looked at a couple of waterers, made a pass through real fast and when we came back they were GONE....I couldn't believe it! But we had fun and will go back probably next month!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom