Aquariums and fish keeping

that is awesome (how fast do the plants grow in your set up?) my set up will start this spring (as i pick my trout up mid April) but am going with the simple ibc tote aquaponics.   

I honestly don't know lol. When we started our first hydroponics setup, we didn't exactly know what we were doing and our seedlings grew quick but then died fast. The pepper we have in there now, we bought last spring at the local green house. It grew in the garden all summer. We dug it out, rinsed off the roots and tried again and it's been flourishing ever since. The plan is to relocate it back out to the garden this spring again and see how long we can keep it alive lol.

I don't have a huge aquarium (yet) but I do have some fishies. Had one nice sweet Betta, Neptune, but he died :(
So naturally I went out and got another one! Named him Nep2ne. He's definitely not as nice lol. I never had a betta flare up before, but he does.
And then I got a nice Crown Tail Betta, Poseidon. He flares up a lot at Ron Snailson.

I don't have a huge aquarium (yet) but I do have some fishies. Had one nice sweet Betta, Neptune, but he died :(
So naturally I went out and got another one! Named him Nep2ne. He's definitely not as nice lol. I never had a betta flare up before, but he does.
And then I got a nice Crown Tail Betta, Poseidon. He flares up a lot at Ron Snailson.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost Neptune, but I'm loving Nep2ne lol

Hi y'all! I'm jumping into all forums I like. I'm new here and don't have chickens yet.
I have a 150g saltwater fowlr. Right now only my old timers in there living out the happy life, then I will get a dogface puffer. I have had Elmo, my clown fish for almost 11 years. I turn 51 in march. I got my first tank from my hubby for my 40th birthday. Elmo was my first fish. I have had his friend Maxine about 8 years. I just lost a brittle star that I got the same time as Elmo. She was huge!! I got her when she was only 2 inches across. When she passed she was 21 inches from tip to tip. It broke our hearts and we grieved over that starfish
1f62d.png

I'm always up for fishy talk!!

Thanks jiffy. It really did break our hearts. My hubs and I both cried like babies. When you have something for 11 years and hand fed, I don't care what it is you get attached.
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

I've had aquariums pretty much my whole life, even custom built a few.
Currently have a 55 gallon mounted in the wall between two rooms. It is a planted freshwater tank with Tiger Angels, neons, guppies, bristlenose pleco, Cory cats, African dwarf frogs, and fire barbs. For filtration I'm running a six stage canister filter that includes a UV. I have one tray with fiber filter, one tray bio balls, one tray ceramic bio media, one tray purigen, and last tray fine mesh polish media.

Last edited:
Hi y'all! I'm jumping into all forums I like. I'm new here and don't have chickens yet.
I have a 150g saltwater fowlr. Right now only my old timers in there living out the happy life, then I will get a dogface puffer. I have had Elmo, my clown fish for almost 11 years. I turn 51 in march. I got my first tank from my hubby for my 40th birthday. Elmo was my first fish. I have had his friend Maxine about 8 years. I just lost a brittle star that I got the same time as Elmo. She was huge!! I got her when she was only 2 inches across. When she passed she was 21 inches from tip to tip. It broke our hearts and we grieved over that starfish
1f62d.png

I'm always up for fishy talk!!

Welcome Ayriad! What a long and happy life Elmo is having! I'm sorry that you lost your starfish. You must've done so well for her to grow so big. I understand the mourning. I know that I would mourn our Oscar if we would lose him and we've only had him maybe 6 months so far.

I've had aquariums pretty much my whole life, even custom built a few.
Currently have a 55 gallon mounted in the wall between two rooms. It is a planted freshwater tank with Tiger Angels, neons, guppies, bristlenose pleco, Cory cats, African dwarf frogs, and fire barbs. For filtration I'm running a six stage canister filter that includes a UV. I have one tray with fiber filter, one tray bio balls, one tray ceramic bio media, one tray purigen, and last tray fine mesh polish media.

Wow, that sounds like a complicated setup. DH and I had talked about mounting a tank in a wall but we haven't been serious about it since we've had kids running around. Maybe after they're all grown someday.

Back
Top Bottom