Arapahoe County, Colorado

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by kaykota2, Feb 8, 2011.

1. vlselz

vlselz In the Brooder

2. SeaderHausFarm

SeaderHausFarm Hatching

Apr 4, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I just sent this out on my FB and sent it to a friend in Aurora who wants chickens badly. I'll support in any way I can!

3. vlselz

vlselz In the Brooder

Thanks a bunch, we can achieve this if we work together and get the word out!! =)
    V~

4. NB0322

NB0322 Hatching

Apr 1, 2013
    I received the email below from the zoning administrator:

Good morning,

The BoCC has reviewed this item two years ago and at this time it is not the pleasure of the majority of the Board to revisit this item at this time.

Thanks for your time.

Tammy King
    Zoning Administrator
    6924 S Lima Street
    Centennial, CO 80112
    720-874-6711
    (fax) 720-874-6611
    www.arapahoegov.com

I am frustrated and not sure where to go from here. I have emailed the commissioners directly asking their reasons why and they will not respond to me. I am not sure where to go from here.....

-N

5. vlselz

vlselz In the Brooder

excuse me, really?? How do they expect any changes to ever happen without looking into things?? So they looked at it two years ago ALOT happens in two years!! Im not sure where else to go from here tho...ill ask around! thanks

6. allieb8228

allieb8228 In the Brooder

Mar 30, 2013
    Littleton, CO

We are in Littleton and also would like to increase the # to 8 hens! How recently was the request denied? Let me know what I can do - we have several neighbors who I know would support this initiative... I've just recently started looking into this issue so if you give me a starting point I will absolutely take the torch and run!

7. NB0322

NB0322 Hatching

Apr 1, 2013
    Hi allieb8228!

We could absolutely use your help! I am under District 2 of Arapahoe County and I finally heard back from my specific commissioner Nancy Sharpe (see email below). But as you can see by the email we need to convince the other commissioners on board that this what their citizens want in order to move forward. We have started a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ArapahoeChickens, so if you are on facebook that is good place to help link every body up. Also, you can send an email to all of the commissioners at [email protected], stating your reasons for wanting chickens and see if you can get your neighbors to write one as well. Let me know!

Thanks!
    N

Nicole,
    In a prior email, I committed to you that I would bring this issue up again with commissioners. I did that in a work session and again after you came to our board meeting. I would need three commissioners to reconsider the position taken in 2011. I did not get that support. I appreciate that you took the time to come to our meeting and put your comments on the record. Over the next few weeks, I will ask citizens in my district of the unincorporated area how they feel about this issue.
    Sincerely,
    Nancy

8. SeaderHausFarm

SeaderHausFarm Hatching

Apr 4, 2013
    Denver, CO
    A littleton city councilwoman proposed Littleton change from 4 chickens to 8 last April and it was voted against...google Littleton, CO chickens and you should find the Littleton Independent article...4 really isn't enough if you are trying to feed a family. I think I have the woman's name who got the ordinance passed originally. I'll see if I can find it-maybe she could help.

9. allieb8228

allieb8228 In the Brooder

Mar 30, 2013
    Littleton, CO
    Fo

Found the Litteton Independent article and sent an email to our district councilman. Look like it was Peggy Cole who raised the issue last year. I'll try to contact her as well.

10. vlselz

vlselz In the Brooder

Do you mind me asking what you placed in your email to your district councilman? Im looking to send one to mine as well and wanted an example of what others have used =)
    Thanks for any help in advance,
    V

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: