Araucana can't see?

maddogdodge

Songster
6 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Australia
My little 12 week old Araucana seems to be a bit quiet. She's not as active as the other chicks, and doesn't notice things as soon as the other chicks do. She was fine at 10 weeks old... I could see her eyes... but now I can't really see her eyes... What should I do?

Is there a safe way for me to trim the feathers around her eyes so she can see again? I don't want her to suffer like this, I really want her to be able to see, she's such a precious little thing and I want her to be happy!!

And yes, she's an Australian Araucana.

This is her at 10 weeks old... when I could see her eyes still.. she seemed quite active back then too.

This is her today, all the others were happy about fresh grass, but she just didn't seem to notice it, and then hid her face in her feathers...

I have 3 Australian araucanas & trim the feathers on their crests and ear muffs when they start hang over their eyes.My favorite black girl is attracted to my black min poodle and often runs up to him. She was pecking at his feet the other day so I decided it was time for a trim so she could see what she was doing. Lol. I also have 2 young faverolles.Im thinking I need to trim their feathers too as they don't see treats I throw out until it's too late & the other chooks have eaten them.

I have 3 Australian araucanas & trim the feathers on their crests and ear muffs when they start hang over their eyes.My favorite black girl is attracted to my black min poodle and often runs up to him. She was pecking at his feet the other day so I decided it was time for a trim so she could see what she was doing. Lol. I also have 2 young faverolles.Im thinking I need to trim their feathers too as they don't see treats I throw out until it's too late & the other chooks have eaten them.
My girl is all grown up now, and she doesn't have any problems any more :) When you look at her, you'd think she wouldn't be able to see, but she can, she gets around fine and always finds food just as fast as all the others :) She's my favourite in my flock, sweetest little thing ever!

Back
Top Bottom