Araucana thread anyone?

Project Tolbunt Araucana Bantam Pullet,
12005_tolbunt_hen.jpg

Quote:
Nice! I hope you're going for Tolbunt, not Mille Fleur in disguise.
smile.png
Where are you getting the lacing from?

And why are all the cool Araucanas bantams?
tongue.png

Quote:
I wonder if they would change their mind if WE ALL start emailing and calling them. Make it a point to get our voice heard of how its not right to sell something under a false name. If I had just a penny for how many times I have to tell people the difference between the three, I would be simi-rich. Maybe even make up a petition for people to sign. This has got to change though! Its not right.
barnie.gif

It's stealing our right and competition of business too. The only way people who especially breed Ameraucanas can sell is to those who know the difference (that's a few and far between when it comes to selling to locals) and those who know absolutely nothing about chickens. Araucanas are a tad easier, but even they, it's hard. People are fine with their own "Anacondas" and "Americanas."

Even going to the store and buying groceries, tripping across a rare chicken owner is sadly a little frustrating. Talking about Araucanas gets you into "oh yeah, I've got some Araucandas too. My girls lay green and pink eggs." I just don't bother anymore. Last time I tried mentioning Easter Eggers, the lady just didn't get it. She thought I was talking about an issue that had nothing to do with her birds.

Quote:
It does seem a little bit easier with people knowing the difference between Araucanas and EEs, compared to Ameraucanas and EEs. But it is irritating that one of the biggest commercial hatcheries, McMurray, has a big picture of a tufted (but tailed) bird on their EE sale page. All in the same page they call what the sell EE, Americana, and Araucana while doing the whole spiel about them being from Chile. Oye, they need to pic description and stick with it.

Nope breeding for Tolbunt/ Lacing Not the orange /millie Flure color.

Here's another some what new color, Mottled Araucana Bantams.

They are on 5-6 generations & going strong, Tuffed & Rumpless, Might Exhibit some this year in SEPT Shows.
Will try to post more & better pics soon
wink.png

They were used a few generations ago in the tolbunt project
wink.png

12005_mottled_araucana.jpg

Back
Top Bottom