Araucana thread anyone?

well I am certainly glad to hear you say that! I thought so as well, I just had never seen that color before so I wanted to get some opinions.
I have been keeping him with a handful of my Marans hoping for Olive eggers.
So far I have hatched out eight babies that all look like this.

Those are cute babies!! :)

Yeah, I'd say he is an Araucana, just not a standard color... if adding different colored eggs is your goal, then he is probably very good for that... but only way to tell for sure is to grow the babies out and see what they lay... :)

Thank for all the extra information it's a great help for sure. Since I was going by what my Grand pa told me. But I love my aruacanas and my amerucanas. My Cream legbar's have 14 days to hatch. They have the great bluegreen egg's. I can't wait. Organic is the why to go . To help fight disease Grandpa said clean water and add Bragg's apple cider vinegar with the Mother in the drinking water I also drink it for my heath, is a natural probiotic and my chix love organic yogurt that I make home made it's cheaper, I also eat it. Free range hours a day. In 10 year's never lost a chick chicken by disease thank goodness. I have two friends that use same method and have good results also. Good Cluck.

Thank for all the extra information it's a great help for sure. Since I was going by what my Grand pa told me. But I love my aruacanas and my amerucanas. My Cream legbar's have 14 days to hatch. They have the great bluegreen egg's. I can't wait. Organic is the why to go . To help fight disease Grandpa said clean water and add Bragg's apple cider vinegar with the Mother in the drinking water I also drink it for my heath, is a natural probiotic and my chix love organic yogurt that I make home made it's cheaper, I also eat it. Free range hours a day. In 10 year's never lost a chick chicken by disease thank goodness. I have two friends that use same method and have good results also. Good Cluck.

Do you free range your chicks and young birds or just your young adults and adults?

Aloha,

Lotʻs of good Araucana eggs on EBay, including some from Cathy! Wish I saw that a year ago! Iʻve been wanting Cathyʻs eggs for about 2 years now! But now Iʻve got tufties coming out of my ears! Pun intended. If you need Araucana eggs, lotʻs of good ones to choose from right now. The oneʻs from California have nice red colors.

Aloha, Puhi

Aloha, 

Lotʻs of good Araucana eggs on EBay, including some from Cathy!  Wish I saw that a year ago!  Iʻve been wanting Cathyʻs eggs for about 2 years now!  But now Iʻve got tufties coming out of my ears! Pun intended.  If you  need Araucana eggs, lotʻs of good ones to choose from right now.  The oneʻs from California have nice red colors.

Aloha, Puhi

Do you know which ones on eBay are Cathys?

Back
Top Bottom