I think we have done this before
wink.png

YES, we have! ... Page 712-713
cool.png

http://www.chickencolours.com/Brownies & Khakis.pdf

It's been fun working with Bud Light!!!

Love his daddy's wing flapping picture.
clap.gif
Yes but I don't believe these are dun. If they were actually dun there would be some dark chocolate duns as well and there are none that I've ever seen. If this gene was in the breed, and not bred for or bred out, then it no longer exists. It is a dominant gene and cannot hide so if there are dun Araucana's out there, anywhere, they would be seen. Breeding dun to dun will make some Khaki's and bred to a black, these Khaki's will produce 100% chocolate dun's, no exceptions. It's easy to prove or disprove. I would be the first to get some if I thought they were actually dun but I don't.

If you breed anything that you think is even remotely possible dun, to a black. You will get some chocolates some blacks. If not, they are not dun.
I would say that the gene was not common in the Araucana and likely not bred for and even more likely bred out of the breed.

I am working on dun by breeding the color back in using a large fowl dun ( I have 2 hens). I have a few eggs in the incubator now. It will only take a few generations to make some good looking Araucana's in dun chocolate and khaki.

OK after rereading the discussion we had before I admit I am more confused. What color babies are you getting from Buddy? I so would love to have Dun in my flock.
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom