Araucana thread anyone?

But if you pm me your number I'll call you up in a few years when I come back for college
smile.png

Well if you are going to the Army you could supply her with some of your stock and she would grow and breed them while you are in the Army and when you get out you can come and get some of the great-great-grandkids of your birds to start back into them. That way you wouldn't have to start from scratch.

Sweet I raise bantam
smile.png
I'm cutting g down my flock though because I'm leaving for the Army in a year
Alex,
Thank you in advance for your service to our country :)
Our oldest son just returned from a deployment to the Persian Gulf area (among other places) on the USS Eisenhower. He's Navy. He goes back out in a couple of months but he will be spending quality time with his wife and 3 kids for now.

What color are your bantams?

I will have to try the golf balls. The chick is from the pair I got from you, the white hen is still brooding ducklings
Golf balls or even better, those ceramic eggs are good too. They not only give the new layers the idea about where to lay, but if they peck at the eggs (just curiously to see what they are) they won't get anything but a sore beak and will learn that eggs are not food. Sometimes, when they lay a softy egg, they gobble those up then get the idea to eat the other eggs too, especially if the shell is thin. Picking the eggs up frequently is always best but for me, when I work, there is no way.
I don't have any egg eaters but I used to have a couple of Serama hens that would and I broke them of it

I hope you get some more of the Araucana's hatched :)

Here are a couple of the clean faced pullets hatched this spring, my goodness they are growing. Going to be some good sized hens. Beautiful black with green sheen from black to black breeding. I can't wait to see what these girls produce.....every year is better than the last

Taken in the grow out pen this morning. A bunch of them have been shedding some feathers, not really a full blown molt, more like loosing baby feathers. None of the ones hatched this spring are laying yet.

Here are a couple of the clean faced pullets hatched this spring, my goodness they are growing. Going to be some good sized hens. Beautiful black with green sheen from black to black breeding. I can't wait to see what these girls produce.....every year is better than the last

Taken in the grow out pen this morning. A bunch of them have been shedding some feathers, not really a full blown molt, more like loosing baby feathers. None of the ones hatched this spring are laying yet.

oh, they are so beautiful!!

i ended up not being able to keep my two araucana cockerels, as i had to slim the number of grow-outs down somewhere... so now i'm down to just one silver duckwing girl. turned 6 weeks yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom