Araucana thread anyone?

Any idea how chipmunk chicks popped out of blue/black/splash parents?! They are definitely from my eggs! Daddies are a blue and a splash, moms are blues and blacks (cuckoo hen has been broody for a long time, so none of her eggs are there).

Any idea how chipmunk chicks popped out of blue/black/splash parents?! They are definitely from my eggs! Daddies are a blue and a splash, moms are blues and blacks (cuckoo hen has been broody for a long time, so none of her eggs are there).

Are you splash's dirty splash, like they have red leakage? Also hens cover duckwing with blue and black easier than a rooster will so your hens may be blacks or blues based on duckwings.

Lanae

Pretty sure the roo is a blue version of the BBR. I don't see lavender at all there. The hen well, not sure she's Araucana, there aren't a lot of mottled Araucana and definitely not as good a mottled as she is. She doesn't quite look Araucana in some ways. If she is Araucana, then the mottling is awesome
smile.png
It is possible that they might be Collanas though I only know of Yashar who sells them. They are a clean faced, rumpless ancestor of the Araucanas.

Hello! I just want to see what you guys think.
Maybe 2 boys and 2 girls.. I know things can change but its fun to guess
smile.png

I agree with your guess, too! They look wonderful! I bet once their tufts fill out they'll be rocking!

Super nice boys Stacy. I would think it is the girls then. Isn't it always the ladies fault?

Lanae

I guess it must be those gals! Silly girls, driving me nuts with genetic things! And here I thought them being blue and black would make predicting what the chicks will be easier. I guess wrooooong! Love 'em so much, though!

My blue rooster is getting replaced though. He is my Jerk. He isn't a gentleman with the ladies like my splash is. The Jerk rips feathers out like he was plucking them for butcher! And since he can't (won't) woo the girls, he just runs them down until they trip or tire, then mounts them. SO hopefully I can replace him before winter if a few potential chicks turn out to be lads.

Back
Top Bottom