Araucana thread anyone?

I am partial to the barred/cuckoos!
This is my latest roo from this years hatching. I have been very selective and culled anything with leakage.

I have some good blacks that I hatched this spring to work with for this next years breeding.
This girl is tufted and has the slow feathering gene. I will be using her in the barred project pen.

A couple of black pullets enjoying the sun.

Here is my clean faced black roo. He is 7 months old and has no leakage. Nice thick health boy.

This tufted black roo has no leakage as well but is only 4 months old. Only time will tell if he stays clean.

I have some good blacks that I hatched this spring to work with for this next years breeding.
This girl is tufted and has the slow feathering gene. I will be using her in the barred project pen.

A couple of black pullets enjoying the sun.

Here is my clean faced black roo. He is 7 months old and has no leakage. Nice thick health boy.

This tufted black roo has no leakage as well but is only 4 months old. Only time will tell if he stays clean.
They're looking Awesome, as usual. Every year better :)

My pullet (just short of 6 months old) laid her first egg yesterday! I officially have a true blue egg layer!
woot.gif

I've made it through the first 140 pages of this thread.....learning much and enjoying all the pictures that have been posted......of course, they are two - three years old at this point....
smile.png

One thing I have noticed, my pullet seems to have more fluff than most of the pullets/hens that others have posted. The Standard calls for "Fluff-medium". How would Hanna rate? Does she have too much fluff?

Very nice looking young hen and not too much fluff :)
Do you have a mate for her?

Quote: No, I do not have a male. She was one of three that I hatched from eggs from Ray_n_Debi but two drowned at one week old in the water dish the first day I let them out with their momma into the main flock. I let them out when I was home for lunch and found them after work....I was heartbroken....hatched three out of eight shipped eggs (under a broody) and then lost two not thinking about the open water!
he.gif
Won't be making that mistake again...... I am trying to decide whether or not to get a male and breed her in the spring. I would have to keep them separate from the main flock and that means confinement. I hate not being able to let them "be chickens". We'll see.....

I'm at page 152 now........

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom