Araucana thread anyone?

I just started a facebook page (Stateline Araucanas and more) if anyone wants to check it out.

About tails, yes they r not standard of perfection but are part of the original heritage of the breed. Tailed birds can be good in a breeding program because araucana can actually have a problem where their backs get too short. I have some tailed birds and will cull most of them but may keep a couple if they have other desireable traits. They r still araucanas and do lay blue eggs.

Last edited:
I just started a facebook page (Stateline Araucanas and more) if anyone wants to check it out.

About tails, yes they r not standard of perfection but are part of the original heritage of the breed. Tailed birds can be good in a breeding program because araucana can actually have a problem where their backs get too short. I have some tailed birds and will cull most of them but may keep a couple if they have other desireable traits. They r still araucanas and do lay blue eggs.
So informative. I'll check your facebook out. Is there a reason, I find, feed stores or anywhere only sell araucanas not Ameraucana's?

Back
Top Bottom