Araucana thread anyone?

Yes! I will be incubating eggs soon, I have recently (around Saturday) added a hen into the pen with the rooster, it's just the two of them. I've gotten two eggs from her since and I'm sitting them at room temp until I have a few for incubation. Here's the roo

Is this thread just for the american Araucana with no tail? Or am I allowed to share pics/info about my Australian Araucana with a tail and top knot?
hide.gif

All your Araucanas are gorgeous though, such a unique appearance compared to what we get in Aus!

Aloha,

Some people are snobbish but the majority of us are interested in the evolution of the various araucana cousins.

We wouldnʻt want any Australian Araucanas here in the USA though, because it would jut add more to the confusion.

How blue are your eggs? Just wondering :)

Aloha, Puhi

Aloha,

Some people are snobbish but the majority of us are interested in the evolution of the various araucana cousins.

We wouldnʻt want any Australian Araucanas here in the USA though, because it would jut add more to the confusion.

How blue are your eggs? Just wondering :)

Aloha, Puhi

Fair enough, I won't bombard the thread then, I do wish there was a thread for tailed Araucanas though
smile.png

It took me a while to get my head around the different types of araucana, I was quite confused for a little while haha!

My little girl is only 14 weeks old at the moment, so she's not laying yet, I'm so excited to see what her eggs look like though!!

This is when she was 10 weeks old.

Your pictures are welcome on this thread! You know if you want a thread about Australian Araucanas, you could start one yourself. Just start the thread by telling your story about how you got interested in the breed, post some pictures and you have the thread started. Continue with more pictures and invite people to post their chickens.

I posted a thread looking for chickens in South Carolina. More people posted and now there are 20,000+ posts on that thread.

Last edited:
No you didn't sound snobbish, I was just saying that I understand that this thread is not dedicated to the Aussie version, so I won't take over
lol.png

I definitely could start my own thread, I might do that!

The cream legbar has cresting. The cream legbar got some of its genes from the "araucana". Weʻre not sure where the cresting came from, but when I look at Dodgeʻs bird, I see cresting on an "araucana." Hmmmm........

Thatʻs why we donʻt mind you coming on Dodge.

Aloha, Puhi

It just makes it hard to teach about the Araucana in the US when there are other types shown and sometimes people don't stop and read the posts. There is enough confusion as it is. I like seeing the others some as well but I'm pretty sure there "is" a European Araucana thread as well and you'll find more like your own there. Spot both places if you want..... lol I mean "post' not spot

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom