Araucana thread anyone?

see above question about saturation, please...

Is this question to me? The color of my hens egg is kind of a greenish blue as far as I'm concerned. Here's another picture of one of her eggs with my others. Her eggs are kind of torpedo shaped too.

Thank you for the replies. Can you add a picture to give me an example of a good body type? Also, a close up of a good head shape, wattles and comb?

I dont suppose anybody has a good black rooster they want to sell
1f609.png
You should join the Araucana Club of America. We have several breeders that breed black who are members. I know two members, maybe 3 had tufted roosters for sale in January. In fact at the Modesto Poultry show one of the exhibitors had a black tufted large fowl for sale. That rooster may still be available but was $150 plus shipping because he is stunning and show quality.

Also if you go to the Araucana Club website we have lots of pictures of birds. www.araucana.net

Lanae

You should join the Araucana Club of America.  We have several breeders that breed black who are members.  I know two members, maybe 3 had tufted roosters for sale in January.  In fact at the Modesto Poultry show one of the exhibitors had a black tufted large fowl for sale.  That rooster may still be available but was $150 plus shipping because he is stunning and show quality.

Also if you go to the Araucana Club website we have lots of pictures of birds.  www.araucana.net

Lanae

I am officially a member! I didn't see any roosters listed in the classifieds but i'll keep checking back.

I am officially a member! I didn't see any roosters listed in the classifieds but i'll keep checking back
Hardly anyone uses the classified section anymore. The birds for sale are usually word of mouth through members.

If you just signed up for membership, I will be sending you out a membership list.

Lanae

While I'm not ready to do any hatching while it is so cold and snowy, the girls are giving me much more regular eggs. Hopefully they don't all go broody at once when I do feel like hatching!

I purchased one arecauna chick that I am currently brooding. She will be one month this week and I am wondering if she is actually an Easter egger because of her tail.
1f615.png
What a beautiful picture! So precious to see the pure joy these small beings bring to the most innocent among us. Part of why I enjoy raising animals sonmichbis because of how my children grow right in front of my eyes in every OTHER WAY than physically. There is so much more to this than just growing animals... It's soul deep

This little lady was hanging out in the nest box most of the morning. Eventually I bothered her and found the prize she was hiding! There is only one egg that is laid in this nest box (there is another, more popular one), so now I know it is her.

The egg is highly likely to be split to lavender. I haven't yet separated my roosters, but he is the more dominant boy who gets most of the action with the ladies. A local person does want some Araucanas, and asked me to set some eggs. Since she'll pick them up shortly after hatch, I'm OK with that and will set them for her!

Back
Top Bottom