Araucana thread anyone?

Here's two of my gals. Ended up with 2 tufted pullets and 3 clean pullets and kept two males of each as well. Probably gonna try and get some pullets only next year instead of risking more straight run chicks
20221128_144503.jpg
20221128_144415.jpg

Here's two of my gals. Ended up with 2 tufted pullets and 3 clean pullets and kept two males of each as well. Probably gonna try and get some pullets only next year instead of risking more straight run chicks
View attachment 3336940View attachment 3336941
Doesn't snow where I live (CA), but we've had freeze temp all this week. Supposed to rain tomorrow.

Miss having Araucanas. Been following up with local AR gent all year, but he says this year hatch was bad so no chicks :(.

Another guy had blues, but wasn't impressed by the quality of the coloring.

Hopefully 2023? Lol. Want to get some blacks.

Doesn't snow where I live (CA), but we've had freeze temp all this week. Supposed to rain tomorrow.

Miss having Araucanas. Been following up with local AR gent all year, but he says this year hatch was bad so no chicks :(.

Another guy had blues, but wasn't impressed by the quality of the coloring.

Hopefully 2023? Lol. Want to get some blacks.
If you would like, I can send you the info for where I got mine. They're mixed colors though, which I know turns a lot of people off. I did got one solid black gal though, I'll see if I can get any pictures of her today

Nope,
Is that an Araucana male next to the pullet? I don't like that comb at all.

No, it got cold and they quit on me I think. Plus I moved them.
don't worry. That's Ambrose, the big daddy of the infamous Red Coop you love so much. The silver bending in front of the bowl is one of the boys though that goes with the pullet

Nope,

don't worry. That's Ambrose, the big daddy of the infamous Red Coop you love so much. The silver bending in front of the bowl is one of the boys though that goes with the pullet
1669928082472.png
Thank goodness.
Dang. I was only asking for one blue egg this season before they stopped for winter and all 5 denied me even that. They're lucky they're so pretty
The blue on mine leaves much to be desired. They are blue, but my Ameraucana lay bluer eggs.

Back
Top Bottom