araucanas...

This is from McMurray's site
As a general rule a chicken with red ear lobes will lay brown eggs & a chicken with white ear lobes will be a white egg layer. There are some exceptions. The Araucanas lay blue/green eggs. They are called "The Easter Egg Chicken".

Quote:
unless you are going to a breeder then you will probably be getting easter eggers
hmm.png
most people that have them were told they were americana, ameraucana, araucana, etc. but they aren't if the stock originally came from a hatchery. True araucana aren't easy to come by......

Thanks for the advise KLF73

I am going to a breeder about 40 mins. from where I live and he is also on the AMERAUCANA Breeders list. I been burned already from the hatcheries. That was before I found this site... but I like my EE's

Quote:
unless you are going to a breeder then you will probably be getting easter eggers
hmm.png
most people that have them were told they were americana, ameraucana, araucana, etc. but they aren't if the stock originally came from a hatchery. True araucana aren't easy to come by......

Yep, go to a breeder. Just make sure the breeder doesn't lie. I was sold Blue eggs and saw her purebreds but when they hatched out they weren't purebred she had crossed her purebred hen that lays blue eggs with something else so I have what a call an easter egger that lays green eggs.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom