Are 2 runners enough?

I am very happy with my two lovley runner girls. they are inseperable and sweet as can be! 2 should be just fine. (if you can resist the temptation for more.)

Looks like I'll be getting 4 runner eggs from a friend on Tuesday. I have no incubator, but I do have a neighbor w/bators, and hopefully he'll have room for eggs. I guess the odds are about 50/50 as to the female/male ratio...should I get 5 eggs? I've been excited about runners for a couple years, and I'm hoping now is the time to take the plunge (weather-wise, and all). Sure will give my old khaki/roehn crosses something to think about!

I only have 15 Indian Runners at the moment... that is nowhere near enough...!!!!

Lots of different colours - males are so colourful and the females lay lots of eggs..... so cute too!!!

So, in answer to your question NO...not nearly enough - I am hoping to breed some more this year!

Everyone NEEDS lots of runners!

How are ya going to get them here Suzie, by boat?
tongue.png

I will send you some eggs if you want them! I will airmail... just for you Miss Lydia!

I have 15 goose eggs in an incubator plus one of my bantam girls is about to hatch some more chicks this week.... I am a glutton for punishment.... I love baby animals....!!!
thumbsup.gif

Hmm... I had a runner question too! I read somewhere that they need 25 sq ft. In their runs because they move around more than other ducks. I thought ducks only needed 14-15 sq ft.

Back
Top Bottom