Are all my eggs infertile or have I bought a rubbish incubator?? HELP

I'm sorry if my advice was unreliable in future I will keep my opinions to myself.

Don't freak out we all make mistakes when it comes to incubating eggs. It is a trial and error thing but once you get it down,you will have successful hatches. If nothing hatches from this batch of eggs,don't give up,just note what went wrong and try again after you fix the issues. Last month I set 6 blue Amer. eggs and out of the 6 only 3 hatched. One was unfertilized and 2 just gave up . Listen to Sumi's advice. Best of luck with your next hatch,it gets easier once you get all the kinks worked out.
Cherish

I'm sorry if my advice was unreliable in future I will keep my opinions to myself.
Your advice was fine! No need to apologise. I have a Brinsea too, an Eco 20, and I agree, they are great. Pricey, but worth it. And he/she was asking for incubator recommendations
smile.png

Don't freak out we all make mistakes when it comes to incubating eggs. It is a trial and error thing but once you get it down,you will have successful hatches. If nothing hatches from this batch of eggs,don't give up,just note what went wrong and try again after you fix the issues. Last month I set 6 blue Amer. eggs and out of the 6 only 3 hatched. One was unfertilized and 2 just gave up . Listen to Sumi's advice. Best of luck with your next hatch,it gets easier once you get all the kinks worked out.
Cherish
My first batch, I set 56 eggs (not my idea LOL) and we got a whopping 7 chicks. Thermometer was off... DH tweaked the incubator a bit, installed a fan and I and borrowed his beer making thermometer for the next batch. Got a 50% rate on that one. We live and learn
smile.png

My first batch, I set 56 eggs (not my idea LOL) and we got a whopping 7 chicks. Thermometer was off... DH tweaked the incubator a bit, installed a fan and I and borrowed his beer making thermometer for the next batch. Got a 50% rate on that one. We live and learn
smile.png

Yes one of my batches was on lock down and my oldest son tripped and took the bator out, knocked it to the floor. I wasn't upset it was an accident but the eggs didn't hatch I had put a barnyard mix in to test out a new incubator that DH built. I felt bad for the eggs, I attempted crack repairs but the damage was too much for the eggs.
Like I said it is all trial and error. I learned from my errors and have scouted a great place to place the incubator that is out of traffic, sunlight, and drafts it is where the kids can see it because they all love to watch new chicks hatch.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I really do appreciate it. I'm not holding out much hope for this batch of eggs but with all the advice ive got today I'm sure it'll work out next time.

Its my first time hatching to, i got the cheapest incubator i could find from ebay for $30, says it holds 60 chick eggs but had 30 started and on day 14 now 7 days left, dropped 1 of the eggs on the first day turning them lol, so that was 29.
Used a home made candler from an uplight and a piece a plywood with a hole in, all seemed ok on days 7 and 12 apart from 2 that never grew.
Never had a thermometer or hydrometer, but will get one next week, better late than never. Only been filling 1 of the 2 reservoirs and will fill both nearer the end.
I just hope they turn out ok but if they don't I'll know better for next time.

Back
Top Bottom