Are any of my hens actually Roos?

Yup, you only have one boy. Will you keep him?
The girls are so sweet, I'm glad!!! As for the brahma, we'll keep him as long as we can, mainly I don't know what to expect as far as how a crow sounds. If he has to go, lol, he already has a home waiting him. A friend of my daughter has chickens and their rooster died early this summer. They were willing to home any chickens that wanted a change of scenery. But so far they get NONE. I have no plans to re-home any of these fine ladies (and dude).

Thanks everyone, all input was very much appreciated. Now I need to invest in some egg cookbooks. :woot

The girls are so sweet, I'm glad!!! As for the brahma, we'll keep him as long as we can, mainly I don't know what to expect as far as how a crow sounds. If he has to go, lol, he already has a home waiting him. A friend of my daughter has chickens and their rooster died early this summer. They were willing to home any chickens that wanted a change of scenery. But so far they get NONE. I have no plans to re-home any of these fine ladies (and dude).

Thanks everyone, all input was very much appreciated. Now I need to invest in some egg cookbooks. :woot

Marion, my in-town rooster, was a Light Brahma. He had a deep-toned, resonant crow that I found quite pleasant.

We were lucky in that one neighbor grew up on a farm and liked to bring his grandchildren over to see the chickens and that the other neighbor figured that if we didn't mind their muscle car they didn't mind our rooster. :D

Thanks! I have already adjusted to yelling, "Hey ladies...and dude!" I haven't heard a crow yet. I looked it up on youtube and ...it'll take some adjusting, lol.

Back
Top Bottom