Are blue & green eggs Kosher?

I don't think the color of the animal has anything to do with kosher status. Egg shell color is the same thing. If your customer is concerned and keeps kosher, they should have a rabbi they can consult. Or, you can simply sell them other colored eggs and save the blue ones for folks who truly appreciate them
smile.png

Well I gave him a print out of the link I put in my post but he still only took brown layers. I think maybe it is his wife who thinks they are not Kosher. Perhaps they will read it and share with their rabbi. He was so nice. He siad his wife is concerned about eating fertile eggs but he told me when they had only hens he still sometimes got blood spots in his eggs. I explained as long as he collects the eggs everyday and nobody sets on them he should be fine. He ended up getting a barred & a white rock and 2 sex links so hopefully nobody will go broody. He was OK with getting an araucana rooster though.

Thanks, I always like to learn new things to help customers make right decisions. I wonder what the Lord was thinking when he said no 5 toed chickens? I will have to ask Him someday :).

Well I gave him a print out of the link I put in my post but he still only took brown layers. I think maybe it is his wife who thinks they are not Kosher. Perhaps they will read it and share with their rabbi. He was so nice. He siad his wife is concerned about eating fertile eggs but he told me when they had only hens he still sometimes got blood spots in his eggs. I explained as long as he collects the eggs everyday and nobody sets on them he should be fine. He ended up getting a barred & a white rock and 2 sex links so hopefully nobody will go broody. He was OK with getting an araucana rooster though.

Thanks, I always like to learn new things to help customers make right decisions. I wonder what the Lord was thinking when he said no 5 toed chickens? I will have to ask Him someday :).

Back
Top Bottom