are chickens pets?

Are chickens pets?

• yes

Votes: 329 92.9%
  • no

Votes: 25 7.1%

• Total voters
They are pets, if you don't abuse them and make them mean, if you spend time with them, love them and respect them, they can be the sweetest babies, and they might even jump on your lap to get petted or held

They sure are! That is, till they stop producing eggs.
thumbsup.gif

Mine are 100% pets. We would have them even if chickens never layed eggs. We would never dream of getting rid of any who stop laying :)

Yep, my flock of laying hens are pets, some more friendly than others, but some who sit on my lap and allow me to stroke their feathers. I sing to them and they talk to me. When free ranging, I call them and they run through the forest to come and it's a fun sight. Such good girls. The basket actually has a dozen eggs laid this morning by my fourteen hens, young hens (silver Wyandotte, Buff Orpington, Australorps) (spell check says those are all spelled wrong, but who cares?)

Mine are all pets. The eggs are an added bonus. I love my girls, they come when they are called and follow me about. They have their quirks and personalities. The silkies just love cuddles. I think they are under rated pets!

Back
Top Bottom