Are cornish x flighty?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Bock_Bock, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i was thinking bout getting some but i need to know if they are flighty birds or not i doubt it as they way so much so fast but i was just wondering and wanted to make sure thnaks guys and gals

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:Seriously? [​IMG] Those are the most NON-flighty birds ever created by man. They sit, eat, poop, and eat and poop some more.

3. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    lol ok thanks thats exactly what i thought i just wanted ot make sure lol ha ha which poops more tho these things or ducklings?

4. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Cornish X thought stream.....

"....sittin here.........sittin here....sittin here....There's Jannie, god she's getting fat......Sittin here.......Hi Merve..........God I'm hungry........Sittin here.......Hmm, what's the human doing with that axe?........Sitting here......Wow, he just carried phil out by the legs.......Sittin here.....(gets up)Oh mercy, the ground seems to keep getting farther and farther away......(Over to the feeder)....Nothing.....All gone....hmmm......Here comes the human again......Whoa!....Going for a ride I guess?......Wonder if they'll have food there?...

**CHOP!**

In the above "paragraph" you have the entire thought process of a cornish X.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  5. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    No, they are not flighty at all. It's sad how friendly and laid-back they are.

7. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:I dunno about that one. Ducks are awfully messy!

8. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    Quote:I dunno about that one. Ducks are awfully messy!

i have one khaki cambell right now lol and boy do they let lose and it doesn not smell good lol it is amazing the smell that can come from something that small lol it beats me lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by