are double yolkers okay?

mener6896

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Noblesville, IN
I haven't given a second thought about double yolks, other that it's kinda neat. However, I have an EE that continues to lay a huge double yolker every day! Is there any future problem with this? I'm not even sure if she's even laid a single yolk egg.

WOW! sounds like she should be entered into some sort or awsome egg laying contest! Sounds yummy... maybe she will stop laying sooner than the rest. someone knows.

I have a buff orpington that will also lay double yolkers....not as often as yours, but once a week. I don't know if it's a future health problem, but I think it's kinda neat...I wouldn't worry about it too much!

I've got an EE double yolker also. At first, it was every time, but now, it's just once a week or so. Her 2nd egg ever was a big double yolk egg. I felt sorry for her, having to push that out so early in her laying... They're cool, but hard to fit in the box!

ha ha! I never put my double yolkers in the box, I keep them for myself and not give them to my customers! I'm glad this isn't going to lead to a health problem. They are pretty big though but i can relate as my last baby (now 10) was 10 1/2 lbs!! hee hee!!

I didn't get one today though, just a regular one.

Back
Top Bottom