Are egg colors always the same?

arboogins

Chirping
11 Years
Feb 26, 2013
Little Rock, AR
I have several chickens that should lay different color eggs. That being said, I’ve had a girl laying a light green egg for a few weeks. Today I noticed that an egg was in the box that was blue. That is a different chicken right? I’ve heard they always lay the same color.

I have several chickens that should lay different color eggs. That being said, I’ve had a girl laying a light green egg for a few weeks. Today I noticed that an egg was in the box that was blue. That is a different chicken right? I’ve heard they always lay the same color.
Might be a different bird that just started laying.
But could also be the same bird as green eggs are blue shells with brown coating and sometimes the coating doesn't get applied.

Might be a different bird that just started laying.
But could also be the same bird as green eggs are blue shells with brown coating and sometimes the coating doesn't get applied.
Yes this. The brown coating can vary but not the blue or white shell color.

Hmm. Now I’m wondering again
Our first 6 eggs were from the same chick. We thought they were from our Olive Egger because her comb and wattle had gotten so red, and she was dipping for us.
Then we got an olive egg. The first eggs were obviously not olive when seen beside a real olive egg 😂 They were probably from our little bantam Easter Egger!! She’d been hanging out by the nesting boxes more, but we didn’t put it together 😆 Good news is that the bantam eggs are bigger than we expected! 06020686-BF61-4394-854B-D8F3A73360C5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom