Are Golden Comets quiet?

ChickenClaire

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
Are golden comets quiet? I've been told that there some-what quiet, but nobody really knows for sure.
Thank you!

If Golden Comets are also known as Red Stars (some say they are the same, others say they are different) than I would say yes. My Red and Black Stars are easily among the quietest birds I've owned.

Golden comets are also known as red stars, cinnamon queens, isa browns, red sex - links and so on. Thank you for the info!

Also are your red stars prone to illness? I've heard they were not very hardy, them being hybrids and all. :)

No, they've been very healthy - due to the fact that they are hybrids, I think. Kind of like a mutt dog...they say they are healthier than pure breds? Old wives tale or truth??
idunno.gif
All I know is my 'stars' have been excellent birds and I'll certainly get them again. I will say that with the ones I have had, when they molt it is disturbing - my other breeds seem to molt a little at a time. When the stars did, it was all at once - they looked pretty ragged! But their new feathers came back in bright and shiny!

Back
Top Bottom