Are my 4 goats Pregnant??

5liltrejoMonkey

Hatching
Jul 31, 2016

This is COCO. I am more than positive that she is pregnant but not really such.

This is Little Bit. She is my tiniest female. She starting showing signs but I am a newbie at this.

This is Smore. Would ya'll be able to tell me about how far along they are or when they might kid.

This is Lacey. Sorry for all the pictures. I just want to make sure that they are pregnant. Thank you all for everything and taking the time to look at these pictures.

Have they been with a buck? How long ago if they have? Side pics would probably give a better idea as vaginas/teats dont show signs until late in pregnancy.

I have had them since a week before Easter Sunday. And yes they have all been in the same pen as my buck. I have done a lot of research on the internet about how to tell and they said to look at their vulva, and I have looked. The picture that I have seen and what I have read they said that their vulva with be a little swollen and all of them are. I have also felt under the stomach next to the udder and their are tight. I am a newbie with all of this.

I really can't get side views. They are not the friendliest does. They have just now started to eat feed out of my hand. We are working on the trust thing right now.

My guess is that they are not pregnant. Dairy goats, with a few exceptions, are seasonal breeders. They start coming into heat in September (although a few will start cycling in August) and come into heat every 18 to 21 days through February, or maybe March. Just watch them. If you see they have a clear discharge that looks like egg white, are flagging their tails, and are maybe more vocal and restless than usual, you will know they are in heat and therefore not pregnant. The first signs of pregnancy you will see are the development of the udder. You will first be see this at the top of the rear udder. Just watch that area.

Ok I will keep a look out. I know one for sure is not cause my buck keeps kicking her and talking to her. And he does that thing with his upper lip. Thank yall so much.

The two black one are Toggenburg and the two brown ones are Oberhasli. I was able to get top views of them somewhat. I want to say the they are about 9 months old. Little Bit stopped growing and I have no clue why.

Last edited:

This is Coco (the brown one)

This is Little Bit

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom