Are my chicks okay?!

How are your chicks doing, @Emilykb15 ?

They are doing really well! I raised the heat lamp a bit which has helped pull them off the perimeter a little bit. But I think they may just enjoy laying in this one particular corner. They are almost 2 weeks old and they are really coming out of their shell 😂 They are playing more, running around, trying to fly a little. It’s fun to watch them.

Chicks generally don't like to sleep "out in the open" - they like to feel sheltered, so in absence of anything else, they will tend to sleep in a corner or by a wall. Except if they are too cold, then they'll be under the heater.

Yeah, I think this is what they are doing. They sleep in a pile, but I figure if they are to cold they would be under the heat lamp and if they were to hot they wouldn’t be sleeping in a big pile together.

My chicks are almost 5 weeks now and I'm new at this too. My girls would do the same thing sometimes and snuggle up against each other and on top of each other despite my brooder temps being spot on. I still worried though too!

Back
Top Bottom