Are my ducks alright in a storm?

rocketfizz3113

Hatching
Feb 24, 2023
Google's not helpful. So, I'm in SoCal and we're getting a big bout of rain and wind, really cold. My ducks have a little enclosure with a tarp, but water can still get in and because it is on ground level, it's flooded so they have nowhere dry or warm to sleep. is this ok? I know ducks like rain, but will they be alright sleeping/staying overnight in cold, windy rain? I'm just a little worried...

Google's not helpful. So, I'm in SoCal and we're getting a big bout of rain and wind, really cold. My ducks have a little enclosure with a tarp, but water can still get in and because it is on ground level, it's flooded so they have nowhere dry or warm to sleep. is this ok? I know ducks like rain, but will they be alright sleeping/staying overnight in cold, windy rain? I'm just a little worried...
I would be worried too, ducks do love rain, but they need somewhere sheltered and dry to sleep. Do they not have a coop?
Or if you have an outbuilding, a garage- is there anywhere you can put them until it passes?

Back
Top Bottom