Are my Guineas dumb or what??

siamese

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
Our Guineas are dumb or have brain damage. We got them last July and shortly thereafter a wildfire broke out. So as ours were growing after they got out of the kitchen, I put them in a chicken barn. then we built a pen out back for them, our goal was to free range with them coming in at nite. So once we were put on Evacuation ALert, meaning I had to leave within 15 mins. Now we have other animals as well, so the guineas had to be able to move and fast. All that summer we had horrible smoke, and come Sept and the cool weather we decided to keep them in all winter as well and let them go in the spring. Now as we went down to them 3 times a day, they would carry on but when we would leave they would should a come back over and over until they couldn't see us. So now when we get deliveries, they would go silent, totally? One day I signed for dog food and then I walked down to them they shouted at me but not the truck? Same thing now for months. They will come when you call them for treats, they will come up to our front door at hollar for a treat, which I will give them and carry on. But not a sound when someone drives in??

Our Guineas are dumb or have brain damage. We got them last July and shortly thereafter a wildfire broke out. So as ours were growing after they got out of the kitchen, I put them in a chicken barn. then we built a pen out back for them, our goal was to free range with them coming in at nite. So once we were put on Evacuation ALert, meaning I had to leave within 15 mins. Now we have other animals as well, so the guineas had to be able to move and fast. All that summer we had horrible smoke, and come Sept and the cool weather we decided to keep them in all winter as well and let them go in the spring. Now as we went down to them 3 times a day, they would carry on but when we would leave they would should a come back over and over until they couldn't see us. So now when we get deliveries, they would go silent, totally? One day I signed for dog food and then I walked down to them they shouted at me but not the truck? Same thing now for months. They will come when you call them for treats, they will come up to our front door at hollar for a treat, which I will give them and carry on. But not a sound when someone drives in??
Sounds like they have trained you well instead of you training them.

Back
Top Bottom