Are my temps alright? Anyone else put eggs in yesterday? (4/20)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Andora, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I put my eggs in yesterday afternoon, and I added one more egg this morning that had been laid about an hour prior.

My temps got down to 98 last night over night while we were sleeping apparently, since that's where it was when we got up. Aside from a small dip to 96 when my dog unplugged the bator (!!) they've been between 98 and 101, cycling very slowly, seeming to spend most of the time around 100.0 The humidity is between 30-40%, usually about 35%.

This is my first time incubating and I'm nervous! Should I change anything or is does it sound ok?

Here's a picture of my incubator with the eggs in it. (When I had it open to turn them last night...)

[​IMG]

2. killer

killer Chillin' With My Peeps

sounds good to me.

3. killer

killer Chillin' With My Peeps

oh. i put 30 in at 7:00pm last night.

4. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I candled my eggs this morning, a little less than 48 hours, and I'm not sure what I should see. I saw a faint black spot in some of the eggs, and in most of them I could find the air cell.

5. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Try not to candle until at least day 7-10 since at 2 days it is very difficult to see progress and you run a higher risk of "upsetting" incubator conditions. I know its hard to just let them be, but both you and the eggs will be in a much happier mood come day 21 if you do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by