Are Nuts Safe for Chickens?

i have 11 pecan trees on my property and my chickens eat the meat out of the ones that get cracked when i walk over them. they're the only ones that eat my pecans, my chickens and my dogs.
tongue.png

When I was a kid I recall my cousins & I digging up peanuts. The chickens were around us pecking & going after the raw peanuts. I can't say if they were good for them but they sure seemed to like them raw. We'd shell some & eat those raw, I don't know if those were good for us. The rest we'd take in for Mama to boil.

Mine have eaten about 2 pounds of Walnuts(shelled) that were for cooking, and they cam running everytime I opened the bag so they must have liked them and none have died, so they cant be tooo bad for them. I know they would prefer them in a cookie, but I'm not baking for the chickens.
hu.gif
My room mate fed an entire bag of stale walnuts to my 2 chickens. Now one is not laying eggs at all, and the other one is sporadic. I am VERY mad about this. Do you think they will get back to normal. My two hens were laying about 5 to 6 eggs a week. Now I got 2 in 5 days only from 1 hen. I am FUMING actually.

Back
Top Bottom