Are polish chickens, cold hardy?

Morgk

Songster
Mar 29, 2020
When I lol on chicken networks it’s about 50/50 if cold hardy or not. I’m in Wisconsin so it’s gets pretty cold here. Are they cold hardy? Do they do well in a mixed flock?

I'm in Wisconsin and my daughter wanted some, so we got them! Along with 19 other types of chicks & guineas. I am taking my chances! They will free range, but I have a nice coop with a run for the winter that I'll throw in some straw etc.. for fun, but I think with the body heat from the other chicks, they'll be okay. If anything, I'll put a heat lamp in the coop to heat it up a bit. Can you accommodate yours like this? We can get some pretty darn cold winters. :)

I'm in Wisconsin and my daughter wanted some, so we got them! Along with 19 other types of chicks & guineas. I am taking my chances! They will free range, but I have a nice coop with a run for the winter that I'll throw in some straw etc.. for fun, but I think with the body heat from the other chicks, they'll be okay. If anything, I'll put a heat lamp in the coop to heat it up a bit. Can you accommodate yours like this? We can get some pretty darn cold winters. :)
Yes I can I have 8 chickens now and when I would get more I would get 4 more. Yes we do get some cold winters

Back
Top Bottom