Are there ‘smart’ auto doors?

My Three Chicks

Crowing
May 3, 2021
Seattle, WA
We have a Run-Chicken auto door we’ve been using for over a year and have been pleased with it. We use it between the coop and run. Now we want to add an auto door between their run and ‘patio’ which is a covered and secure yard they have access to when we aren’t home and they can’t free range. But we want a ’smart’ auto door…one that can be controlled remotely from your cell phone or a smart device like an Alexa. Does anyone know of one that exists?

I could find one that was Alexa-capable.

Many are "smart" in that they are wifi and can be operated by an app on your phone. Just type wifi coop door in a search and you'll see tons.

If I ever get an automatic chicken door, it's going to have to be Alexa enabled though. I'm spoiled with having her all these years.

We have a Run-Chicken auto door we’ve been using for over a year and have been pleased with it. We use it between the coop and run. Now we want to add an auto door between their run and ‘patio’ which is a covered and secure yard they have access to when we aren’t home and they can’t free range. But we want a ’smart’ auto door…one that can be controlled remotely from your cell phone or a smart device like an Alexa. Does anyone know of one that exists?
Make your own.

With the use of an MHCOZY 4Ch Smart Switch and a Linear Actuator (have purchased both of these and am very happy with both. Recommend Both). Around $60 and you have the basic start to making A very good WiFi door.

Sunrise sunset, timed, Operate from anywhere you have internet, Ewelink has a free single phone capable to use old smartphone as Cam, $10 paid gets you up to five phones, RF remote controlled, "manual" buttons, low power usage.

Some pallet wood and wire, now you are 90% done. Power supply can be a simple wall wart if your coop is close to the house or have Mains power in the coop. If not another $30 can buy you a decent solar charging system. (Not endorsing this charger, just linking it to show example. but it looks like it be OK)

I have diagrams if Interested.

The 2 extra channels can be used for a second door. Lights, water feeder, Feed, Door closed indicator lights, misting system.

Back
Top Bottom