Are there any battery hen rescue groups in the USA?

guesswhatchickenbutt

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Central FL
I'm not sure this is the right forum for this - I've been searching the forum titles and settled reluctantly on this one. Maybe 'stories of my chickens' would be better??? Sorry if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I've read quite a bit online about battery hen rescue groups in England (and some in Australia), where they end up with these sad looking bedraggled hens that they rehome into loving free-range environments and live out their life as pets.

Do any groups like this exist in the U.S.?? I've googled it but come up empty.

If so I'd love a link to one to read about it....

Thanks so much!

Good question... I'd be interested to know too. Sorry I can't help at all, but hopefully somebody else will have more knowledge on the subject?!

I do know there are chicken rescue groups -- try these:

Animal Place
Chicken Run Rescue
Eastern Shore Sanctuary and Education Center
Farm Sanctuary
Sunny Skies Bird and Animal Sanctuary
United Poultry Concerns

Quote:

Hi,

I am wanting to set up a Rescue in Texas, but I don't know how. Does anyone know who to contact to get information like this? I would like to help save hens, and roosters. It is bothering me how so many people want to get rid of their roosters in Texas, and most of them will get killed if not found a home. There also are people all the time wanting to give away chickens or hens because their moving/ don't want them. I want to help find them homes... There are so many people that want hens in the city, and they can own them now, but they are buying them from the wrong people that breed them and pack them in cages. I want to get hens to loving homes... sigh. I don't know how to start. Anyone?!

Myladybirds, Have you found out any information? Please let me know if I can do anything to assist in your search. I have plenty of space for chickens on my property, but I would prefer to home rescued hens or hens that need help.

Back
Top Bottom