Are there any breeds that don't get along?

Quote:
I was with you until that last sentence. Asil cocks, Game cocks, Shamo cocks, and a host of others can not tolerate one-another and it has nothing to do with care and maintance. Even the hens of some of these breeds do not co-exist well. But again, that wasn't what I understood in the original post. But I have been known to misunderstand things.
lol.png

true; but the last sentence, was in more reference to the ooo aaaa googly eyed typical chicken lover on this board that just wants a pet... I guess I should have been more specific in my thoughts.

I understand. You know me, I always think in terms of Orientals and Games. Just an old habit.

Speaking of which, the other day we were trading Cornish cocks around to different pens, in prep of this batch of pullets beginning to lay... and a few of them got quite nasty with me, and have a bite that would make a setting guinea hen blush and cry. I had forgotten how cranky they can be.

wondering if you lovely lot can advise on my situation, I have a cornish game bird (3yo) that's been living with a 9wk old silkie and a 9wk old hybrid for the past week, the silkie and game bird get along perfectly well, the silkies very subservient in nature and the game bird sees her as no threat to her hierarchy (shes obviously sitting at the top). The hybrid however is quite adventurous and the game bird has taken a real disliking to her, she food guards, and straight up hunts her down in the coop. It's been quite a stressful week for her and shes ended up picking up a respiratory infection because of the stress. She has hiding spots in the run that I've created for her, and multiple feeding drinking stations, anything else I can do to make it easier on her? do you think this situation will sort itself out with time? I want to intervene with their natural establishment of pecking order as little as possible.

Just wondering if there are any breeds that just don't get along with other breeds? Maybe some are meaner to others?

Or is this strictly a personality thing?

I know some of you have enormous flocks so I figure you can answer the question ..
smile.png
Malay chickens are very aggressive and need more space. Their the tallest chickens n are a rare breed but they're out there so I can only assume others are like that

Back
Top Bottom