Are there any "idiot-proof" incubators?

ncmtngal

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 5, 2012
I'm kind of kidding, but not completely. If price wasn't a factor, which incubator would you choose that could tolerate the least amount of tinkering and worry?
jumpy.gif

I really like my vintage redwood Leahy 624. The only modifications I have done is remove every other tray and installed autoturners in the other trays (3 autoturners total for 123 egg capacity). I also had a little larger water pan made for this unit. Although I have modified it, nothing was done that cannot be removed and put back to factory original. So as not to harm the antique value of this unit (NEVER gonna sell it as it has been in the family too long).

The Hovabator 1588 comes preset so it's really easy to use, especially if you get an auto turner with it. My mom borrowed mine this fall to try her hand at incubating. She had an 88% hatch rate, which is pretty good for her first time hatching anything.

I love my Reptipro 5000, it's only $50 more than the Hovabator & its all digital so it's pretty easy to use. It's a small cabinet style incubator that can fit quite a bit of eggs, it also is a breeze controlling the humidity & is a forced air incubator with 2 different fans. The top is about 2-3 degrees warmer than the bottom so I just rotate them every other day.

Back
Top Bottom