Are There Blue Easter Eggers?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by suzettex5, Jun 22, 2011.

1. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    I recently hatched some blue-ish eggs from one of my easter egger chickens, my only roosters are a blue Jersey Giant and a Splash Jersey Giant (have since re-homed the splash due to attitude issues), and the babies all came out splash and blue! They are really cute and I LOVE their coloring (I only wish my pure-bred Jerseys had such striking color), and they have yellow feet and beak tips- the only way I know they arent pure Jersey Giant is that they came from blue eggs!

Im wondering if blue easter eggers are around yet? Anyone have any? Any pictures? Of course now Im wondering if they will lay blue eggs....

(sorry, no pics of the new babies, camera out of comission right now [​IMG] )

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Are you asking about any EE? I have 3 EE's that lay the most beautiful robin's blue colored eggs! [​IMG]

3. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Blue feathered EE are just one of the every color they do come in.Blue genetics are the same no matter the breed so if you want Blue EE all you have to do is breed for them Now,just because they hatched blue doesn't mean they will be blue...chances are if they are from EE hens other color will leak as they get older.
    Blues come in all different shades so very few look alike then add EE's are not a pure breed so depending on what you use they will have different looks size and shape.We have and have had several bbs pens here so hatching solid blue EE chicks has never been a problem.

4. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    I have some jet black EE's that lay a gorgeous blue egg....

5. MarinMama

MarinMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I have one...she is our favorite. You can see her as a chick in my avatar but I have some more pics if her on my bog.

6. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    Well apparently my two blue Marans hens are really blue EE roos! Anybody need some roosters?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by