Are these all roosters?!

They do look like roosters, sorry. Their legs are thick whick usually is a sign. Also for 4 weeks they have pink-red combs which hens [at least mine] didn't develop until around 8-10 weeks.

Anybody else?
cool.png

I did see comb developement in some of mine by four weeks, but the one that started to turn red and had short tail feathers has a very large comb now at six weeks and Im sure it a roo. There are some others of mine that Im still waiting to see what happens. Check the tail feathers.

I have no clue what they are but they are the cutest darn birds and those extreme closeups are so precious!!

If the one is closeing his eyes alot it could mean he is sick.
Birds try to hide when they are sick, but if he is "narcoleptic" as you put it, and closes his eyes Alot for no apperent reason, id'e suspect he doesn't feel well. Does he look down with eyes closed and sort of move his head back and forth a little?

Quote:
He'll just stand there and close his eyes, his head slowly starts going down, then he jolts awake and runs off...fast.

He's been doing that since we got them at 2 days old. He seemed sick after a couple days and the farmer said he might not make it and to just watch him.

If he is sick, what do I do?

Back
Top Bottom