Are these Barnevelders??

bethandjoeync

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Iron Station, NC
I know I may regret asking this but are these chicks Barnevelders?? the coloring and everything is quite similar to pictures I have seen(but I think two of mine are double laced), but I ask because I bought them from a guy that was sure he was selling me "araucanas" (when thanks to this site I know better), but I got some of this breed because I love the coloring and markings. please help. these are pictures of when we got them (most of the tail feathers had been pecked at because the guy had so many in a small(rabbit cage sized) brooder, and all the chicks that we got either had no tail feathers or broken ones

this is when we got them and they were about 5-ish weeks old I think
newchicks002.jpg

newchicks011.jpg

newchicks003.jpg

i need to get some pictures of them now after a few weeks of eating and having more space to run around. they are so pretty, and would love to get more (even if they aren't barnies)

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you thank you thank you!!!
wee.gif
hugs.gif
celebrate.gif

i am so happy to hear that, you made my night for sure! aren't they a beautiful breed? I want more. I am keeping the roo that I have of the 3 (pretty sure 1 roo, 2 pullets) and going to breed them for sure. but the odd thing is one of them is way smaller than the other two, nothing is wrong with it it's just smaller. we have it in the cage alone (but can see all the others and interact with them for socialization, but has her own food, and access to water, just in case she wasn't getting enough. I am hoping she will get bigger and more normal sized like the others so far.

cornish breed get large though right??? isn't that a meat breed? these wouldn't make much of a order of nuggets at this point and they are probaby 9 or 10 weeks now

Back
Top Bottom