Are these boys

Rolmstead3

In the Brooder
May 3, 2017
Vermont
I am new to chickens and bought 8 at TSC 4 weeks ago, I think out of them i got 3 boys, even though the ISA browns should
have all been females, Can anyone help tell form these pics. 2 BA's 1 ISA Brown

Thanks

You for sure have some cockerels/roosters in those pics. If you will stand the chick on something and take a full side pic where all can be seen----helps a lot. Example --pic 6 & 10---you can really see nothing but back feathers.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards cockerel for the BAs, if any of the ISA browns are white they are cockerels, if they are red/brown with some white they are pullets.

Is there a good way to tell the diff with the ISA brown, the other 3 are quite brown now but this one still seams to be white. the were all supposed to be hens when i bought them. I assume that having 3 roosters to 5 hens is bad.

Is there a good way to tell the diff with the ISA brown, the other 3 are quite brown now but this one still seams to be white. the were all supposed to be hens when i bought them. I assume that having 3 roosters to 5 hens is bad.
3-5 ratio is not good, you are correct.

All the ISA Brown pics are the same chick. With the exception of Pic 5, any thoughts Boy/Girl

Last edited:
3-5 ratio is not good, you are correct.
I think the ISA Brown will end up being a Hen, should i try to get more hens for the 2 boys I have a 6X6 coop with a 6X12 run so i have room for more, but not sure how to go about new ones at three weeks is to late to get more chicks or should i try to find some older ones?

Back
Top Bottom