are these called muffs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MNmommy, May 14, 2009.

  1. MNmommy

    MNmommy Songster

    Mar 14, 2009
    central MN
    Sorry about this newbie question but are these what you call muffs?? Or is there another term?/

  2. PeeperKeeper

    PeeperKeeper Songster

    I'm not an X-pert. I think they call tose beards. I have Turkens with muffs and they appear down further on the fron of the neck. Cute Chick!
  3. speckledhen

    speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

    Yes, those are muffs and the beard will come in more later. Muffs stick out under the eyes and the beard is under the chin/beak area.
  4. Chickndaddy

    Chickndaddy Songster

    Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Yes. And I don't think Turkens have beards. They have "bow-ties".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by