Are these eggs fertile

Stephh0701

Songster
Apr 7, 2019
Florida
I'm wanting to hatch some eggs from my welsummer girls that are mated with my olive egger roo. Can anyone tell me if these eggs are fertilized? I know that they say look for a bullseye pattern but even before we had a rooster I could see the little spot and I'm just not seeing too much difference. I think they're fertile but would love some reassurance before I stick them under a broody. I'd hate to waste them.
20220219_131201.jpg

I'm wanting to hatch some eggs from my welsummer girls that are mated with my olive egger roo. Can anyone tell me if these eggs are fertilized? I know that they say look for a bullseye pattern but even before we had a rooster I could see the little spot and I'm just not seeing too much difference. I think they're fertile but would love some reassurance before I stick them under a broody. I'd hate to waste them.View attachment 2999002
They're fertile!

Yay! Thanks so much! I've had a silkie rooster since I got chickens and no matter how hard he's tried to mate my girls they either don't let him or he's just not fertile. I've tried sticking eggs under broodies before with no luck. Since our olive egger roo came into maturity I've seen a little bit of difference in the bullseye but wanted to be sure.

Yay! Thanks so much! I've had a silkie rooster since I got chickens and no matter how hard he's tried to mate my girls they either don't let him or he's just not fertile. I've tried sticking eggs under broodies before with no luck. Since our olive egger roo came into maturity I've seen a little bit of difference in the bullseye but wanted to be sure.
You're welcome, congrats!!!
If the rest of your hens aren't bantams, he might have just had a hard time. Some bantams can do it and some can't.

Yah I think that might have been it. I have a silkie hen and a couple other bantums but I don't think they were letting him do "the dance". He's always been pretty dopey and truthfully only started crowing once our olive egger roo started crowing (despite being almost 4 years old).

I'm wanting to hatch some eggs from my welsummer girls that are mated with my olive egger roo. Can anyone tell me if these eggs are fertilized? I know that they say look for a bullseye pattern but even before we had a rooster I could see the little spot and I'm just not seeing too much difference. I think they're fertile but would love some reassurance before I stick them under a broody. I'd hate to waste them.View attachment 2999002
Yes very fertile.

Back
Top Bottom