Are these eggs from the same chicken?

Country Birds

Chirping
Aug 7, 2022
Southern Idaho
I only have one mature laying hen that lays brown eggs, she’s a Welsummer, and she always lays the medium brown eggs like the one on the left in the picture. I also have two pullets, a Lavender Orpington and a Silver-laced Wyandotte, that should be reaching laying age soon and I know will lay brownish eggs. Today I collected eggs and found a much paler brown egg and I can’t tell if it’s the Welsummer’s that is just a weird color, or if one of my young chickens started laying. I also cannot for the life of me remember if I collected eggs yesterday, so that’s another reason I am doubtful on it being from the younger chicken 🤪. I know it’s something I could just wait and find out when I collect eggs tomorrow, but I’m kind of excited and would like to know now! 😂

Attachments

• E55AE4DF-75BD-4E8C-A98C-1ABDD97F384C.jpeg
    E55AE4DF-75BD-4E8C-A98C-1ABDD97F384C.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 21
I only have one mature laying hen that lays brown eggs, she’s a Welsummer, and she always lays the medium brown eggs like the one on the left in the picture. I also have two pullets, a Lavender Orpington and a Silver-laced Wyandotte, that should be reaching laying age soon and I know will lay brownish eggs. Today I collected eggs and found a much paler brown egg and I can’t tell if it’s the Welsummer’s that is just a weird color, or if one of my young chickens started laying. I also cannot for the life of me remember if I collected eggs yesterday, so that’s another reason I am doubtful on it being from the younger chicken 🤪. I know it’s something I could just wait and find out when I collect eggs tomorrow, but I’m kind of excited and would like to know now! 😂
Great story! I learn so much from BYC articles and the personal chicken experience,
I have Australourp and Moran they have laid eggs that large one day and back to normal the next day. chickens are so entertaining.

My wyandotte lays a really light almost pink egg like the one of the right in your pic! How old is the wyandotte?

Back
Top Bottom