Are these girls ready to be outside full time?

ladychick328

Chirping
Feb 19, 2018
East Texas (Longview area)
Its A little chili today and windy they are Almost 6 weeks old. I came out here today and the buff oprington was dead, laying in front of the coop door, not a mark on her. It rained alot yesterday, I have no clue what happened to her. Can the other hens kill her?

Attachments

• IMG_20180329_192110.jpg
    IMG_20180329_192110.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 9
Its A little chili today and windy they are Almost 6 weeks old. I came out here today and the buff oprington was dead, laying in front of the coop door, not a mark on her. It rained alot yesterday, I have no clue what happened to her. Can the other hens kill her?

I started putting mine out in a pen about 3 weeks old. I'm sure 6wks is good time. My chicks run themselves silly playing until they drop from being tired. I'm putting mine back in their brooder box at night though.

Well I brought them back home tonight, we don't live where the coop is yet so I have to leave them I'm brooder box until fully feathered or drive an hour to put them up at night. I have some wyandotte pullets and barred rocks that I put our there last week and two of the wyandotte are being extremely mean to the Rir that I took out there today!! Is that normal??

Older hens can kill small ones. I usually wait until my chicks are about the same size as the bigger chickens to combine them.

Back
Top Bottom