Are these girls?

HeyHey

Songster
6 Years
Aug 23, 2017
Can anyone tell me what the difference is in male or female at this stage?
Thanks
1591833064627877236731.jpg

I think them too young to sex accurately. Listening to their peeping can give an indication; when my calls were this age the female was louder ad much noisier. Most of our domestic ducks have mallards as ancestors so they have much in common.

Vent sexing might be possible, but if the ducklings are much over two weeks it may not be possible. We were able to vent sex our call ducks at two weeks and time has proved that it was right.

Last edited:
Mallards.

Well, bill color is sometimes inaccurate, but females should have orange/black bills, while the males have green bills.

That'd mean at least one of them is a female, not sure about the other one because I can't see its bill. At this age they should be able to be voice sexed, males rasp, females quack.

Mallards.

Well, bill color is sometimes inaccurate, but females should have orange/black bills, while the males have green bills.

That'd mean at least one of them is a female, not sure about the other one because I can't see its bill. At this age they should be able to be voice sexed, males rasp, females quack.
Thanks can you tell me where I can find out how to clip their wings?

Back
Top Bottom