Are These Good Materials for the Deep Litter Method?

I think at this point I will make him a really nice chicken dinner (roast chicken is his favorite meal of all time) and suggest very sweetly, of course, that we remove the oak boards and I'll just add lots of sand and then the litter stuff. I want the chickens to be able to find bugs and if I emphasize that he may even suggest the boards were a bad idea.
big_smile.png

Incidentally, I went out to check the floor after the torrential downpour and the sand beneath the boards was dry. The tops were damp but that's because there is no door yet nor glass in the window.

Ya know, I could pull the boards out, fill it up with sand and just pretend they're still under there.....
tongue.png

I would agree about wanting to fill in the hole and not put boards down, but I do understand that that can be a very touchy subject to ask/tell your DH to change what he obviously worked so hard on.

I have had situations like that before... it seems to work best for me if I say... ohhh! I was an idiot and didn't explain it right to you.. or oops, I misunderstood what I was talking about... all my fault. I'm sorry. Can we change it now?

Quote:
I was reading through my old posts and found I never answered you. I tried this and it worked great. He had no problems with removing the boards. I must say, too the chickens have been in the coop 2 months now and there is NO smell and I haven't had to do anything to the floor yet. Of course, there are only 6 birds but that will change as soon as my chicks get big enough.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom