Are these India Blues Split????

reesepoultry

Songster
10 Years
Jul 4, 2009
Hello,
I bought 20 hatching eggs off of a lad who said she had India Blue, Silver Pied, Cameo, & whites all in the same pen. So I thought for sure I would hatch out some of the other colors. But it looks like I hatched out all India Blues....... Could these be split and how would I know????
hu.gif

I was hoping to get some silver pieds and cameo.
hit.gif

I feel Like I got jipped.......
hide.gif

Here are pics of what they look like:
GEDC3010.jpg

GEDC3009.jpg

GEDC3008.jpg

GEDC3005.jpg

GEDC3004.jpg

GEDC3002.jpg

GEDC3001.jpg

Thats the problem when buying from someone who have mixed pens. Most all peachicks will be blue....they dont look split to white. only males can be split cameo. Some could be split pied , but some should have white flights if from the silver pied.

yeah, none are split white. I know that for sure. I checked the wings and there is no white flights.

Would I ever know if the males are split cameo or do I have to wait until breeding age.

yes will have to wait until they breed, if they are split cameo you will get some cameo female chicks no matter the color of the hens.

Ugh...... 2 years is a long time.... lol

Thanks for your help.

I may just buy some birds off of Ed Mcmillan he has yearlings for sale for $50-$60. They will be breeding next year.

Don't know much about Ed's birds, but his price list on chicks are 50 and 60 for blues , and some more common colors.

Depend on what colors you want, 50 to 60 about normal for blues.

Yes 2009 hatch birds will breed next year.

The price I mentioned is for yearling Silver Pied & Cameo. He lives an hour from me. I have bought a lot of my peafowl from him.

Deerman: I just noticed on one of the IB's that on 1 side it has alot of white in the flight feathers but there is no white in the other side of the flight feathers. I have never seen one that had just one side with white flight feathers.

Back
Top Bottom